Ask anyone and they will tell you that I’m paranoid. I don’t drink and drive, I worry about the future and I clean my flat constantly. Recently, however, I have begun to realise that life is too short – way too short. I’m taking my own advice and learning to breathe more and I can already feel the results.
Some small steps I have taken to being a happier, more relaxed and less panicked person.
1. I tattooed ‘Breathe’ onto my arm – just to remind me when things get rough.
2. I stay an extra 5 minutes in the bath every morning.
3. I sleep when I get the chance.
4. I’m meeting new people.
5. I keep pets (This one helps a lot).
6. I ALWAYS have my music with me.
7. I take the time to photograph special things that I see.
Try a few of the things above and give yourself time to do the things you love, you will soon feel the veil of the mundane lifting and you will feel more refreshed when you have to do the things you don’t enjoy. Creativity is born from a place of peace.
There is nothing worse than still being up to hear the birds start singing when you have a deadline. Check this site out if you want to see exactly how long you should sleep to feel refreshed, when you are pressed for time. I’ve tried it – it works – but you have to remember to include the time it takes to fall asleep in your plans.