Something to Try – Such Delicious
If you haven’t tried Jelly Bellies, you haven’t yet tasted a tiny slice of heaven, nor are you a man. All good designers know that without a weekly fix of ‘Buttered Popcorn’ or Cinnamon Jelly Belly, you will never amount to very much.
Jelly Belly Gourmet Jelly Beans are the most delicious multi-flavoured treats in the universe. Unfortunately we don’t have a huge variety of flavours in South Africa (that I have seen) but I do know that you can get them at some Spars, Food Lover’s Market and Dischem. If you ever have the pleasure of visiting Hamleys on Regent Street in London, make your way to the top floor and you will find Jelly Belly heaven. I think I was there for an hour deciding which flavours I’d like to try.
Seriously though, if you haven’t tried them then you need to make a stop at your closest Jelly Belly stop. They’re pricey but oh so worth it.
Some Jelly Belly Rules:
1. Eat them one at a time. You won’t experience the flavours properly if you mix. Unless you follow the Jelly Belly recipes, which make new flavours.
2. Never eat ‘Juicy Pear’ – it is horrible.
3. If you are new to the world of Jelly Belly, get yourself the 20 flavour assorted pack – it has most of the best ones.
4. If you are feeling adventurous then mix ‘Cinnamon’ and ‘Buttered Popcorn’
5. Don’t share your Jelly Bellies.
6. Avoid Imitations – they’re horrible and sadly Spar stocks them. Check for the logo.
7. Know your Jelly Belly history. They have a great story and the company was founded in 1869!
Check out the full flavour list here. In my experience, 90% of them taste exactly how they are named.